COVID-19 Updates 2021
We hope this finds you well and in good health.
As much as we wish we could say otherwise, COVID-19 is still very much a reality in our lives and world. With the recent rise in new cases related to variants of the virus, we are once again seeing a shift in the way we interact with each other.
We know that this has been a tough experience for everyone, and I think we all can agree that we have a new found gratitude for human connection.
At Moonstone Massage, we treasure your health and safety more than anything— for you, your family, and our team here at the spa. We want to remind you of the safety precautions we are continuing to take, and have continued to implement since the beginning of COVID.
We know that some wellness centers have gone back to the “usual” way of doing things; but we know and understand that this is not over, and must be taken very seriously and with the utmost precaution to make sure everyone feels and stays safe while in our care. This is our vow to you.
What you can expect in your treatment room:
- Each of our team members have their own room, equipment, lotion/oils, cupping sets, etc. to prevent cross contamination.
- A bio barrier is placed in between the padding/table warmer and the sheets, and also on the face cradle cover. This adds an extra layer of protection.
- Between clients we clean and wipe down:
- The table
- The face cradle
- The stool
- The towel warmer
- The heat seating for the table
- All door knobs
- Light switches
- Lotion and Oil bottles
If you can see it, we are wiping it down in between each session.
- In addition, all restrooms are being thoroughly cleaned each hour to ensure a sanitary common space for everyone.
What you can expect related to your session:
- Each client will be asked to remain in their car until the time of their session to reduce contact between clients, you will call or text to check-in upon arrival.
- We are leaving a 15 to 30 minute window open in between each client for adequate and thorough disinfection.
- We are doing daily temperature checks for our employees and guests
- Please understand if we need to reschedule your session due to a high temperature, we must be overly cautious during this time. There will be no charge for cancelling due to illness.
- We are still implementing mandatory face coverings for all clients and staff
- The ONLY exception to this is during a facial, where the face covering must be removed to access the skin of the face.
- Couples Massages have been paused, as no two clients may be in the same room together, but we are offering same-time sessions in different rooms for couple’s clients.
- This will be reconsidered once the daily % of positive Covid cases is 5% or less for two weeks.
- Legally, we are not allowed to give out our employee’s vaccination status, as this is personal medical information, but we are doing thorough symptom checks as well as daily temperature checks for each one of our employees.
We are so grateful for your continued love, support, and understanding through this time.
Remember to take gentle care of yourself, drink lots of water, stay home if you aren’t feeling well, and continue to stay positive. We are in this together. Moment to moment, one day at a time.
All my love and gratitude,